Geo-mapping

Venez discuter de tout ce qui concerne les sciences et la technique

Topic author
AbdoulBeer
Djoundi (جندي)
Djoundi (جندي)

Geo-mapping

Message par AbdoulBeer »

I presume some of you heard of the running application making the news lately, especially with regard 'secret' US bases around the world.

The developer Strava released geo-location data collected by the millions of joggers who upload their daily runs (a heatmap).
You can find it here https://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#8.30/6 ... 63/hot/all
By toggling on the Layers options you can see where on Earth this is happening.

I caution you though:
Contrary to what media may say, in those remote corners of the Earth, they are not necessarily runs by US military personnel. Oil workers, aid workers in refugee camps etc. could be some.

tahiadidou
Muqaddam (مقدم)
Muqaddam (مقدم)

Re: Geo-mapping

Message par tahiadidou »

On en voit quelques uns au Sahara, qui semblent originer des complexes pétroliers et gaziers.
Very useful, thanks!

geronimo
Liwaa (لواء)
Liwaa (لواء)

Message par geronimo »

What is the purpose of this application I read your comment and open the application but I do not see how the information comes to the server to view the map. and how they do for the update May have some more explication Thanks
:algerie01: :algerie01: :algerie01:

FULCRUM
Fariq (فريق)
Fariq (فريق)
Been thanked : 1 time

Message par FULCRUM »

Deja j'ai trouvé une base avec des Blackhawk a 170km de Ain Guezam!

Topic author
AbdoulBeer
Djoundi (جندي)
Djoundi (جندي)

Message par AbdoulBeer »

geronimo a écrit :
01 février 2018, 19:45
What is the purpose of this application I read your comment and open the application but I do not see how the information comes to the server to view the map. and how they do for the update May have some more explication Thanks
I thought it was clear enough...
But let me explain:
People who jog, or ride a bike, on a regular basis use a tracker app which is installed on their phone or wearable (like Fitbit). So, while running, the app records the GPS location then later, when close to a cellular network or what connection network to the internet, that GPS data is uploaded in the cloud on Strava servers. In general, people do that to share the information with others.

Now, with the millions of people around the world who exercise and make use of that app, the heatmap just released by Strava is the result of that collected.
data.

The recent controversy which pisses off the US Army lies in the fact that, in the middle of the desert, or any remote area, there is a great chance that those runs, or rides, are by soldiers, most likely US soldiers since they are everywhere :evil:

For example, those traces in Mali near Tessalit or something are mainly french soldiers. But there are also normal people, like you, me, oil workers, aid workers, tourists etc. who may go for a run or a ride sometimes.

When you go to the Strava link, you see buttons on the left which allow you to see the heatmap, which you can also superimpose on a satellite view. By zooming-in on the bright traces allows you to see what lies underneath. Otherwise open GE in another window to double-check.

I can tell you i found 4 to 5 US bases in Niger by just zooming in on the bright dots and going back to GE to check.

I cannot explain the many traces in Morocco; tourists perhaps, or Moroccan cross-country athletes...dunno

Happy hunting.

geronimo
Liwaa (لواء)
Liwaa (لواء)

Message par geronimo »

Thank you my friend so kind of you for this brief explanation which helped me a little to understand the basis of this application.

But what is the purpose of this application in its broad spectrum and purpose hides.

What can bring a man doing jogging or walking in the desert?
:algerie01: :algerie01: :algerie01:

MansorDim
Musaïd (مساعد)
Musaïd (مساعد)

Message par MansorDim »

Utilisez ce petit logiciel "TCX Converter" pour créer des cartes 3D à partir de google maps.

Tutos
https://gracilis.carleton.ca/CUOSGwiki/ ... e_Software

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8wXqhO3eaI

Download
https://tcx-converter.software.informer.com/download/
Répondre

Revenir à « Sciences et Technique »